1. Do I need to mix the solution?
No, EfferSan is an effervescent tablet, meaning that it dissolves on its own. No mixing or stirring required!
2. How long do tablets remain stable once I add water?
EfferSan remains stable for two weeks once diluted in water. The tablets themselves are good for up to three years in tablet form.
3. How long do I have to wait for tablets to dissolve in water?
EfferSan tablets dissolve within 5-7 minutes. The warmer the water, the faster they dissolve.
4. What type of water do I use with tablets?
Any potable water (hard, soft, hot, or cold) is great for EfferSan tablets.
5. Does EfferSan serve as a detergent/degreaser as well as sanitizer?
No, it's just a Sanitizer and Disinfectant. We always recommend cleaning/degreasing to remove the organic matter, prior to sanitizing.
6. Must Effersan be rinsed after being applied or may the surface be left to dry and then be used?
Depends on if you are using it as a sanitizer or disinfectant. If used as disinfectant it does need to be rinsed.... As a sanitizer it does not need to be rinsed - EfferSan is a no-rinse sanitizer that can air dry. All treated equipment that will contact food, feed, or drinking water must be rinsed with potable water before reuse.
7. Does light affect the efficacy of EfferSan once mixed with water?
We always recommend storing EfferSan in a closet or out of direct sunlight. Sunlight will decrease the stability of the product but only by a day or two.